Rules for Roping Device
As at 1 May 2013
- Rope sizes to be 10.25, 10.5 or 10.75.
- Rope to be threaded through device as shown in instructional photos.
- No ropes to be connected to the saddle horn.
- Device can only be tied on to horn using either a leather strap or nylon rope.
- Knot to be tied in one end of rope and then rope dyed with red dye, 400mm length from knot, so it will be clearly visible for the barrier judge to check.
- No ropes to be joined. The rope being used must be the rope running through the device with 400mm of tail clearly hanging out of device.
- In the unfortunate incident of a jerk down (jerk down rules still apply) competitor will be directed by the judges to wait in a position within full view of the barrier judge or a director until the round finishes. At this time a judge will check competitor’s rope and device. If the device is found to have been changed in any way competitor will face a fine of $500 and a suspension.