Campdraft National Finals Cancellation

The Board apologises for this decision at this late stage, the inconvenience and disappointment caused is not the intention of the board but to ensure that the proper course of action has been taken for all concerned and that the board has supported the Campdraft MRC.

The Campdraft MRC called a meeting with the Board of Directors on Tuesday the 7 January 2020 to discuss the running of the Campdraft National Finals this year. The concern with the current climatic conditions, drought and fires in particular, and the impact on all stakeholders was the basis of the discussion.

Following a recommendation of the Campdraft MRC the Board has resolved that the Campdraft National Finals are cancelled.

The Campdraft end of year title winners will be decided by the point score tally as of the 30 November 2019. All qualifying riders and horses will receive their Jackets and rugs as normal with the presentation of the End of Year awards to be held at a date to be set by the Campdraft MRC. All fees paid will be refunded in due course to qualifiers.

This year the prevailing conditions have been extremely difficult for everyone; members, livestock, cattle donors, sponsors, the staff and the board. We pray that the current conditions change for the better sooner rather than later.

We encourage anyone to contact us about this decision rather than vent on Face book. If you have a solution or alternative put it in writing to the ABCRA for consideration.